Make your own DIY Patriotic pillow for the 4th of July! Free “America the Beautiful” cut file included – use your Silhouette Cameo or Cricut.
You can never have too many throw pillows, right? Who is with me? My husband insists that I have too many pillows but seriously, what does he know? We need pillows for every season and holiday – it is a rule! With 4th of July quickly approaching, I am sharing this adorable (and glittery) DIY Patriotic pillow. I make it super easy for you to create your own pillow with a FREE cut file so you can use your Silhouette Cameo or Cricut.
The cute throw pillow has the map of the United States and the words “America the Beautiful”. The file can be used on pillows but shirts and tote bags!
DIY Patriotic Pillow
- Silhouette Cameo or Cricut
- Red glitter heat transfer vinyl (HTV)
- Navy heat transfer vinyl (HTV)
- White pillow cover (mine is 20 x 20 from Ikea – here is a similar one)
- Free cut file – PERSONAL USE ONLY
- Cricut Easypress or iron
- Weeding tools
1. Open silhouette Studio. Be sure you mat is set to 12 x 12 to make it easier to work with the design and get the size you need.
2. Download the Free cut file and open it in Silhouette Studio (File – Open – select the file). Size it to what you need. I made mine as big as I could.
3. The image is going to be grouped together but if you are cutting two different colors – we need to ungroup. Move the blue stars to another area of the map.
4. Select the entire design including the blue stars and mirror (Right click – Flip horizontally). Since we are working with heat transfer vinyl we need to mirror so it shows properly on our pillow.
5. We are ready to send to cut. Be sure you select the material you are working with. If you are using glitter heat transfer vinyl – select that on your cut settings. Be sure to place you glitter vinyl – glitter side down! If you are using regular vinyl be sure to put it shiny side down. Once it has finished cutting, unload your design and start weeding!
6. Using your iron or Cricut EasyPress, press the pillow then carefully lay down the United States map. Next, carefully add the stars and press down. All done! Admire your work!
I love the pillow so much! The red glitter is everything! It is simple but makes such a huge statement. We are ready for all the 4th of July festivities! I do have one more Patriotic pillow I want to make for 4th of July which I will share with ya’ll as soon as I get it done. It is going to be so much fun.
Want more DIY projects? Just click here for all my posts.
Do you make your own throw pillow designs?