This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SutterHomeSweetOnSpice #CollectiveBias
Shrimp are delicious and easy to prepare, which why it is one of my favorite weeknight meals. Shrimp are also perfect for entertaining guests since they can be thrown on the grill and ready in less than 10 minutes! When cooking for my family, spicy is always better. I knew that these Spicy Shrimp Tacos would be a hit with the familia. Plus, they are so easy to make!
You see I come from a big Puerto Rican family that loves anything with a kick. When they come over for a fiesta there is always tons of food and plenty of wine. We like to keep a few bottles of Sutter Home wine in the cabinet. They offer many different varietals which means we are able to please everyone. Not to mention Sutter home is a family owned business, and their award-winning wines are offered at an affordable price point.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Easy Spicy Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 1 lb Large Shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails cut)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil (some will be reserved for pan frying)
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- (optional) Half a packet of Sazon
- Corn or flour taco tortillas
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh Mexican crema or sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh salsa
- Shredded cheese or crumbling cheese
- Place the thawed shrimp, lime juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Coat the shrimp well.
- Add the fresh garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, ground black pepper, and Sazon (optional) to the bowl. Mix well. (Optional refrigerate for 1-2 hours)
- Place the reserved olive oil in a pan on medium to medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, place the shrimp in batches to cook. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp.
- Time to prepare your tacos! Heat up the tortillas so they are warm. Place a few shrimp on the tortillas and top with cilantro and some crema. If you want more American style, add shrimp, shredded lettuce and tomatoes and top with cheese! The toppings are endless. Pile on all the toppings to make it how you want.
Spicy shrimp tacos pair perfectly with Sutter Home Moscato. The sweetness of the Moscato balances the heat of the shrimp.
I like to have all the fixings out when I make these shrimp tacos. My abuelo loves heat so he always tops his with a jalapeno slice! I prefer to use as many fresh ingredients as I can because that’s how my abuela made them when she cooked for us. It brought her great joy when all her nietos and nietas came to her house. She always had her little glass of vino in her hand, she said it kept her young. Now when we all gather we always have a bottle available for friends and family to enjoy. Nothing brings people together better than good food and delicious wine.
Visit the Sutter Home website for information on all the varietals of wine they offer. Be sure to try the recipe suggestions for your next family meal.
What is your favorite wine to pair with spicy food?