This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Florida Prepaid and Bloggin’ Mamas. All opinions stated here are my own.
The Gift that Keeps on Giving
There are some gifts that we just can’t put a price on like, our children’s education. The Holiday season is the best time to think about gift ideas that kids will actually benefit from. The dolls, legos, and coloring books will be forgotten after a few weeks, sad but it is the truth. Giving grandparents and other relatives other options for gift ideas is a great way to introduce them to Florida Prepaid College Savings Plan. Florida Prepaid has different options on how grandparents or other family members can contribute.
Budget-Friendly Florida College Prepaid option:
1-Year Florida University Plan:
- The most flexible plan with an array of options
- You can choose to buy one year at a time. This option is great for gift giving – grandparents or other family members can purchase a year too! A great way for family to contribute to their grandchildren’s future.
- If you child receives a scholarship, the amount covered by the 1-Year Florida University Plan, not just what you paid in, can be refunded or used to pay for tuition and fees not covered by the scholarship.
- If the child moves out of Florida, the child remains eligible for in-state tuition and fees at a Florida College or State University while using his/her 1-Year Florida University Plan.
- The child has 10 years from the projected enrollment year selected on the application to use his/her 1-Year Florida University Plan.
- Starting at under $50 a month
Family members can also contribute to any Florida Prepaid College Savings Plan (Prepaid or Savings), at any time, by using a gift certificate found on the Florida Prepaid website.
If you need some pointers on how to approach the subject with family members, here are some tips:
- Be honest. Let family members know that you are saving for your child’s educational future and if they want to contribute, this is the best gift they can ever receive. Toys are temporary – a college education is their future.
- If you already started a Florida Prepaid College Savings Plan, you can send an “eGift” e-mail invitation.
Many family members would love to contribute to your child’s future. We know college costs are expensive and they will only keep increasing. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, godparents would love to help kids start their future debt free! The stress relief of not worrying about increase college costs.
Open enrollment is going on now (but not for long!). If you plan to open a Florida Prepaid Savings Plan, head to the My Florida Prepaid website and use promo code CASA1718 to save on your application fee!
Do you suggest College Savings contribution to family members as a gifting option?