This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Kicking off the summer in the boroughs of New York was always a fun time for me. My family would get together in the “block” (as we called it) to celebrate summer’s arrival. Since many of us lived in apartments we would grill right in front of the building. These are happy memories for me. My uncles, aunts, and my cousins all enjoying delicious grilled food. I would play hopscotch or play hide/seek with my cousins. My dad and uncles always made pinchos on a portable charcoal grill. They made chicken and steak with tons of veggies. I wanted to recreate the same recipe my dad and uncle would make using El Yucateco Chile Habanero hot sauce. It reminds me so much of the hot sauce they would use on all their meats. The El Yucateco hot sauces give foods a powerful punch of flavor which I love because I like a little heat in my food.
The El Yucateco hot sauces provide just the right amount of heat that I need to make the perfect sweet Habanero pineapple chicken skewers. The hot spice from the habaneros and the juicy sweetness of the pineapple really compliment each other. El Yucateco offers a variety of hot sauces that are perfect for any of your recipes:
- El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce – Made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings.
- El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce – Made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings.
- El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik) – This sauce is made from the ripest habaneros giving it a slightly rustic and earthy flavor.
The sweet habanero pineapple chicken skewers are the perfect dish for Summer BBQ’s and get-togethers. They are easy for people to grab while conversating with friends and family. They are packed with green and red bell peppers, red onions, and slices of pineapples plus a crispy tostón! The delicious marinade includes a combination of delicious sweet and spicy flavors. Let the chicken marinade a few hours or even overnight so it could soak up all the delicious juices. It’ll be ready for the grill in no time!
Ready for the recipe?
- 2 TBSP El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce
- 2 TBSP White vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 can pineapple slices with juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces of chicken breast (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced into square pieces)
- 1 green bell pepers (diced into square pieces)
- 1 red onion (diced into square pieces)
- Pineapple tidbits or diced fresh pineapple
- 3 green plantains
- Pack of wooden skewers (Let them soak for 30 mins before grilling)
1. Add all ingredients listed under Marinade to a food processor.
2. Blend well
3. Pour marinade over the diced chicken (mix well so each chicken piece has the marinade) and store in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight
4. Dice the remaining ingredients (red/green bell peppers, red onion, pineapples) and set them in a comfortable spot to start building your skewers
5. Grab a wooden skewer, piece of chicken, piece of diced red bell pepper, the green bell pepper, then red onion, then pineapple piece and string them through one by one. Repeat as many times as you liked. (I did it 4 times per skewer)
6. Fire up the grill and start grillin’! (Cook for about 10 mins on each side on high heat)
7. Meanwhile, start frying your green plantains
8. Once the skewers are done, top with a tostón!
Enjoy your delicious meal with some cilantro lime rice, black beans topped with grated queso blanco, and sweet & spicy pineapple chicken skewers! A wonderful mix of Caribbean flavor! You’ll only wish you were at the beach!
What is your favorite spicy recipe?
The El Yucateco hot sauces can be found at your local Publix store in the Mexican Foods aisle.
El Yucateco is running a giveaway right now where you’ll have the opportunity to win – a “Deluxe grilling package” including an incredible grill, cooler full of Yucateco and tools!
El Yucateco Grilling