Summer is quickly approaching. How does a nice cold popsicle sound? A tropical blend of fruit juice and frozen fruit. Sounds good? Using Kool-Aid unsweetened juice mix and a popsicle mold, I created a fruity tropical popsicle with pieces of mixed berries. The best part? You can easily create your own tropical popsicle with the numerous varieties of Kool-Aid juice mixes found at your local Wal-Mart.
Kool-Aid has a variety of options for your next party or summer get-togethers. They are convenient for any fruit juice beverage you want to offer so many different options for your guests. You have Lemon-Lime or Watermelon flavor which is perfect for summer refreshments.
- 96 oz Ready-to-Drink Kool-Aid Bottles
- Kool-Aid Jammers
- Kool-Aid Bursts
- Kool-Aid Powders
- Kool-Aid Liquid
Kool-Aid Fruit Juice Popsicles
Popsicles are a breeze when using Kool-Aid products. You have the option of using the 96oz Ready-To-Drink Kool-Aid bottle or the single powder packets of Kool-Aid. I used the packets since I wanted to experiment with different flavors. I like to call it “ombre popsicles”. You will need a few things to create your own:
- Mix contents of your Kool-Aid powder as directed (if going this route)
- Pour Kool-Aid mix into your popsicle mold (half way if you want two flavors)
- Add pieces of fruit
- Put in the freezer for about 4 hours (make sure to close the popsicle because it will be difficult to try to close the lid when you add the second flavor, if you want two flavors)
- Optional: if you are adding another flavor be sure your first flavor is frozen completely.
- Pour the second flavor to mold and put back in the freezer (add more fruit if you want)
- Remove after a few hours and enjoy!
The flavor combinations are endless with all the variety of flavors Kool-Aid offers. My favorite popsicle was Sharkleberry Fin with berries. I added strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries into the popsicle mix. It really enhanced the fruit juice flavor of Kool-Aid.
I used Sharkleberry Fin and Lemon-Lime to get the ombre effect. The combination of the two fruit juices is delicious and refreshing!
You can also treat these 3-ingredient Blueberry yogurt pops that everyone in the family will love.
What flavor combinations would you use?