This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Making a Mermaid Pillow in Cricut Design Space is a breeze thanks to all the awesome quotes and images available. My daughter’s room is mermaid inspired so I wanted to make her a personalized pillow. You can easily make your own pillow using Cricut Design Space, a blank pillow cover and some iron-on vinyl. Cricut has all colors, styles, and patterns to choose from. I used a combination of glitter and smooth iron-on vinyl to make the Mermaid pillow. Post contains affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you but I do make a small commission if you purchase anything through my links.
You can easily make whatever design you want using Cricut Design Space. If your little one likes llamas, unicorns, or dinosaurs – you can find a design to put on the pillow. This pillow is a great beginner project if you are just getting your Cricut Maker or Cricut Air machine. It is a great way to learn how to use iron-on vinyl.
How to Make a Mermaid Pillow in Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Easypress
- Mermaid file #M6D6B873
- Blank Pillow (I got mine in Ikea)
- Glitter Iron-on Vinyl
- Weeding tools
1. Open design #M6D6B873 in Cricut Design Space by clicking customize. You can arrange the design how you want or keep it as is.
2. When you are happy with the design click, “Make It”. Cricut Design Space will arrange the image by color for easy cutting. Be sure to mirror the image since this is iron-on vinyl. Select the type of material you will be cutting. Load the
3. Load the iron-on vinyl color you will be using and repeat for the rest of the colors.
4. Weed the design using your weeding tools to make it easier. Once the design is weeded, arrange on the pillow. Use the Cricut EasyPress or Iron to iron it on to the pillow. That’s it!
Super simple, right? I love the glitter iron-on vinyl. All the sparkle and shine!
I love that I can easily create pillows with Cricut Design Space. They have so many designs for any room in the house. I’m going to make a few more pillows for my daughter’s room in the next few months. We just got her a loft style bed which has a ton of space at the bottom for her to pillows all over! We’re going to make it a fun little space for her to play.
What design will you put on your pillow?