Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
Picadillo has always been an easy go-to recipe for weekday dinners for my family. There are many ways to make Picadillo – some people add diced potatoes, olives, and even raisins. This Easy Slow Cooker Picadillo recipe uses raisins and delicious Pace Picante Sauce to give it a hint of spice. The best part is that you can do the prep work ahead of time and have dinner ready by the time you get home from work! My kind of recipe! Right now you can find all the ingredients you need to make this delicious and easy meal at your local Publix Supermarket.
I love doing this recipe because the leftovers can be used for a totally different meal – stuffed peppers, tacos, or even just a simple salad. So many possibilities! Many people may call this Cuban Picadillo but you can really make it your own. If you don’t like raisins – leave them out, add olives instead or potatoes. My grandmother did them with diced up potatoes – so delicious!
Easy Slow Cooker Picadillo Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 large onion diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 ¾ cups Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock or Swanson® Unsalted Beef Flavored Stock
- 1 jar (8 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce – Medium
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups long grain white rice cooked according to package directions (about 6 cups)
1. Cook the ground beef and onions in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
2. Stir the beef mixture, stock, Pace® Picante Sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and raisins in a 6-quart slow cooker (I used the Instant Pot on slow cooker mode).
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or 4-5 hours on HIGH. Top the beef mixture with the almonds. Serve with the rice.
Calories 659, Total Fat 24.8 , Saturated Fat 7.8, Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 707 mg, Total Carbs 68.1 g, Protein 38.5 g
You can find other easy recipes at the Best Meals at Home Facebook page. Find easy to make recipes your family will love with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day! You will also find exclusive product offers from some of your favorite brands like Unilever, PepsiCo, Conagra, Campbell’s, General Mills, and KraftHeinz.
Find these current Best Meals at Home offers at Publix now:
- 10 FOR $10- Rotel® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (10 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free – Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise (16 oz.)
- 2 FOR $5 – Pace® Salsa & Picante Sauce (24 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free – Progresso™ Broth (32 oz. ctn)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Kraft® Salad Dressing (14 – 16 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Starbucks® Frappuccino® Coffee Drink (4 pk.)
Plan your weeknight meals around some of the offers to take advantage of the savings and try some new amazing recipes your family will love!
Which Best Meals at Home Recipe will you try tonight?