Disclosure: I was provided with product to facilitate my post. All opinions stated here are my own. Post contains affiliate links.
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. Where did the time go? My family takes turn hosting holidays so for Thanksgiving we go to my aunt’s house. It is a full house! But I would not have it any other way! Everyone mingling with each other, the kids running around, the smell of delicious food lingering in the air – it is the perfect Thanksgiving scene to me. I’m sharing some of my Thanksgiving activities for kids.
I like entertaining the little kids – they make me laugh so much! We typically have about 6-7 kids that are part of Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to get activities to entertain them. Since we have such cool weather around Thanksgiving, some of us dine outside with the kids. They kids will be sitting in the Little Tikes Easy Store Picnic Table with umbrella. It is the perfect table as six kids can fit at once! They are able to do activities and eat their Thanksgiving dinner. Once they are done, the table easily folds! I love that it can be store away easily!
- Let kids color their own Thankgiving placemats. I found these on Amazon and love that they can color, use the stickers, or do the dot to dot activity.
- Create Your own Turkey. I loved these sticker sets from Oriental Trading. Perfect for making cute little turkeys!
- Read a Thanksgiving story. My kids love Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving. The book is cute because it has little surprises when you open the different flaps.
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade. I’ve been watching the parade for as long as I can remember. I born and raised in New York City and I never got to see the parade in person. Hopefully one day with the kids!
- Have them write something they are thankful for (then have them share it when they give thanks). We used to do this in school every year, then we would bring it home and shares on Thanksgiving day.
Do you have activities you do with the kids to keep them entertained?