These homemade Guava Pop Tarts with Cream Cheese sweetened condensed milk glaze will be a family favorite! The crispy, flaky pop tarts with sweet guava filling will please everyone! Perfect as a back to school snack or breakfast.
Pop tarts were always an easy breakfast item to grab on the go when I was younger. I don’t typically buy Pop Tarts for my kids but lately, they’ve been asking for some so I decided to make my own Homemade Guava Pop Tarts with Cream Cheese Sweet Glaze (and Rainbow sprinkles, of course!). We have a guava tree in our yard that produces a lot of fruit so I’ve been making all the guava things.
These homemade pop tarts are flaky, sweet, crispy, and just sooo good! They remind me of guava pastelitos! Have you ever tried one of those? I have a recipe on the blog for them if you want to make some at home. The flaky crust is everything!
The combination of the sweet guava paste with the cream cheese glaze go perfectly together. The sweetened condensed milk is everything! I would eat spoonfuls of that stuff if I could. I won’t judge if you do!
Homemade Guava Pop Tarts with Crea Cheese Sweet Glaze
Ingredients for Homemade Guava Pop Tarts:
- 1 box Ready to Bake Pie Crusts (2 x 9″ pie crusts)
- Guava Paste (found in the Hispanic food aisle)
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
Cream Cheese Condensed Milk Glaze:
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 TBS Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- Dash of salt
1. Remove the pie crusts from the container then unroll the two crusts. Lay them on top of each other and cut the round edges (use a pizza cutter to make it easier) so you are left with a square. Put the excess pieces to the side.
2. Use the pizza cutter to slice a vertical and horizontal line right down the middle of the pie crusts. You’ll have 8 pieces total. You can use the excess pieces to make another guava pop tart. Just use a rolling pin and flatten it out. Use the pizza cutter to cut 2 rectangular pieces.
3. Using two of the rectangular pieces, add 2-3 slices of guava paste on top of one of the pie crust pieces. Next, place the second piece on top to cover. Using a fork, press down around the edges to seal. Repeat the process for the rest. Use a toothpick to make small holes on top of each pop tart.
4. Place the completed pop tarts on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Be sure to watch them as the edges tend to cook faster.
5. Place them on a cooling rack once they are ready. Using a small baking spatula, spread the glaze on top of each guava pop tart. (Optional: Add rainbow sprinkles!).
Preparing the Cream Cheese Sweetened condensed Milk glaze:
In a mixer, combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, confectioner’s sugar, and a dash of salt. Mix well.
The glaze will harden after some time. Store the pop tarts in the fridge or in an airtight container. My kids tend to eats these in one day, and of course, mom and dad need one too! If there is one available for the next day I just heat it up in the toaster oven or air fryer. These make for the perfect back to school snack or morning breakfast.
Have you made homemade pop tarts?
Looking for more guava recipes? See below!